Born in the UK in 1939, Barbara Lyons studied surveying. From 1971 she worked with the 35’s – Women’s Campaign for Soviet Jewry. She came to live in Israel in 1981 and worked in an employment agency finding work for English speaking secretaries and management professionals. On retiring and having time, ESRA was “my natural choice to give time to”. Her ESRA volunteering includes - working with the local Herliya committee, being a befriender, tutoring English in the local high school, working in all the ESRA offices, photographing at functions. She also wrote the occasional article. She was married to Neil with 4 children and 10 grandchildren. Barbara passed away in November 2014.
Babara reports on and exhilarating bridge tournament more ...
An ESRA tour to the Harel forest near Jerusalem reveals more ...
In the center of Herzliya is an interesting museum more ...
Youngsters with sincerity and no inhibitions made us more ...
- real estate investment in the us: a primer
- life's journey – exploring relationships, resolving conflicts. a review
- the mendelssohns moses, abraham and felix
- the warsaw ghetto uprising
- 100 years on: teaching teachers at levinsky college of education
- the strawberry woman
- advantages of the living trust
- the key question
- itamar makes friends - a review
- wherever you go - a review