It is amazing that so many people who came to live in Israel find contemporaries from their former lives who now also live here. Judy Shapiro writes about the reunion of 15 ladies who had been students together at the Shulamith School for Girls in Brooklyn 50 years ago. Established nearly 100 years ago the school was the first Jewish day school for girls in North America.More...
A redeemed Torah scroll is one which has been repaired, either after having been saved from one of the European communities decimated in the Holocaust, or given by a synagogue in which it is no longer used. Judy Shapiro describes how a redeemed Torah scroll found a home at an IDF base.More...
- life's journey – exploring relationships, resolving conflicts. a review
- nutty fruit-dining out
- children without shadows
- checking in not out
- do i have to live with bad breath?
- ladies whose aim is to dispel those sad tales
- beyond the fringe: jewish symbols and secrets - a review
- the strawberry woman
- schneider children's medical center not just any hospital
- the hare with amber eyes: a hidden inheritance - a review