Esra’s hike in the Judean Hills started near Abu Gosh and ended by the Kennedy Memorial in the Aminadav Forest outside Jerusalem. Passing through kibbutz Tsuba - the site of an old Arab village the hike included some climbing and walking along a river bed. Many events have taken place in this area – from biblical times to more recent history. Steve Kramer describes the vegetation and natural features, an ancient irrigation system and some present day farming carried out a according to the rules of ancient agriculture.More...
This is not your usual tourist guide but an unusually interesting one that takes the armchair traveller on an historical, archaeological, biblical and cultural tour of Israel in a very individual way. Encountering Isael by Stephen Kramer is reviewed by Rolly King Kohansky.More...
- life's journey – exploring relationships, resolving conflicts. a review
- nutty fruit-dining out
- the warsaw ghetto uprising
- the hare with amber eyes: a hidden inheritance - a review
- checking in not out
- the strawberry woman
- chanukah 5769 – judaism and greek culture
- the mendelssohns moses, abraham and felix
- beyond the fringe: jewish symbols and secrets - a review
- children without shadows