Cynthia Barmor and Jackie Klein co-chairs of ESRA Modiin, were honored by Yedioth Ahronot for their program which gives immigrants the opportunity to be absorbed into the community through volunteer service.More...
One hundred years old, still knitting for ESRA, Jeanne came to live in Israel in 2000. She lives at Protea Village and is still very active there. She is a much loved and admired centenarian who continues to give of her time to others.More...
Born in South Africa, Celle Mandel came to Israel in 1960. A trained physiotherapist, she worked in Petach Tikva’s geriatric hospital. With her very strong and vibrant personality she fought liver cancer for six years with courage and humor, drawing the respect and love of family and friends. She was a valued member of ESRA’s Welfare Committee.More...
Vivian Silver, formerly of Winnipeg now living in the Negev, believes in the inseparable connection between peace and development. As co-director of NISPED, she works to establish a trusting relationship between people of different cultures to achieve success in her endeavors.More...
- life's journey – exploring relationships, resolving conflicts. a review
- nutty fruit-dining out
- the hare with amber eyes: a hidden inheritance - a review
- checking in not out
- the warsaw ghetto uprising
- the strawberry woman
- children without shadows
- beyond the fringe: jewish symbols and secrets - a review
- do i have to live with bad breath?
- ladies whose aim is to dispel those sad tales