Before coming to live in Israel in the 1940’s Gideon Schwigar learnt shoemaking. Starting out by repairing shoes and then making sandals for children this developed into TEVA Neot. In 1949 it moved to Kibbutz Naot Mordechai in the Galillee. Fashion, comfort and quality is their trademark and much of its produce is sold abroad.More...
The Jordan Valley is in the Afro Syrian Rift and runs from Beit Shean to Jericho. Using biblical, geographical and historic references, this article talks about what has been achieved in the area despite agricultural problems.More...
IBCA was established in 1949 to maintain contacts and develop trade relations between Israel, Britain and the Commonwealth. Meetings involving politicians, academics and the diplomatic corps take place regularly, and an annual dinner is held with a distinguished speaker.More...
ISSUE 149 - April-May 2009
FROM THE EDITOR
- life's journey – exploring relationships, resolving conflicts. a review
- nutty fruit-dining out
- children without shadows
- schneider children's medical center not just any hospital
- the strawberry woman
- do i have to live with bad breath?
- checking in not out
- the hare with amber eyes: a hidden inheritance - a review
- stop driving before it is too late
- encountering israel