ESRA Rishon LeZion held their festive 2011 Chanukah celebration on Thursday evening. Janet Kiesari, Rishon’s chairperson, opened her lovely home to the group, hosted and arranged the delightful evening. Guests dined on sumptuous latkes made by Shirley Frankel and Naomi Aharoni, doughnuts and other noshes. After lighting the candles, the guests were entertained by a movie created by Mal Tobias showing the wonderful work of one of ESRA’s outreach programs. It was great to see the excitement of these children as well as the adults, upon seeing the lovely hand- knitted sweaters they were given. The highlight of the evening was a trivia game put together by Gloria Levy. The winning group won a nice Chanukah gift while the losers won lemons! A big thank you goes out to Gloria Levy and Mal Tobias, siblings who immigrated to Israel three months ago. We also want to welcome two new guests, Ilsa and Peter.
Post a Comment
- life's journey – exploring relationships, resolving conflicts. a review
- nutty fruit-dining out
- the hare with amber eyes: a hidden inheritance - a review
- checking in not out
- the warsaw ghetto uprising
- the strawberry woman
- children without shadows
- beyond the fringe: jewish symbols and secrets - a review
- do i have to live with bad breath?
- ladies whose aim is to dispel those sad tales