Lynn and her husband Leon made aliya from South Africa four years ago and in that short time they became active and enthusiastic members of the ESRA family. Lynn was a founding member of the ESRA committee in Modiin, as well as an active member of our bookshop committee. She oversaw all our emailing lists and messages, which was a huge, time-consuming job which she undertook with patience and a smile. She and Leon could always be relied upon to volunteer in whatever way ESRA and the wider community needed them, always stepping up to the plate and beyond. They helped in so many capacities and at so many events, always displaying a willingness and enthusiasm that was so uplifting. Perhaps most of all, Lynn, an avid bookworm, loved volunteering in the ESRA bookshop, and did so every second Thursday with Leon. We express our deepest sympathies to Leon, daughter Melissa in London, son Russell in Lausanne, and daughter Samantha in Johannesburg, and all her grandchildren.
We in ESRA Modiin will all miss her dearly.
Post a Comment
- life's journey – exploring relationships, resolving conflicts. a review
- nutty fruit-dining out
- the warsaw ghetto uprising
- the hare with amber eyes: a hidden inheritance - a review
- checking in not out
- the strawberry woman
- chanukah 5769 – judaism and greek culture
- the mendelssohns moses, abraham and felix
- beyond the fringe: jewish symbols and secrets - a review
- children without shadows