Diana Lerner- My Tel Aviv
Nobody knows Tel Aviv better than journalist Diana Lerner, still bubbling with enthusiasm and joie de vivre although well past her 80th birthday. She has lived in the city that never sleeps for fifty years, knows everything and everybody and has a wealth of stories illustrating the idiosyncrasies of her home town and its inhabitants.
She decided to bring out a souvenir journal, called "My Tel Aviv", which is a wonderful collection of mostly hilarious tales of her adventures and the people she knows.
Title chapters include 'How I was arrested in the Mikve' and 'Maid in Israel' about the trials and tribulations of having a domestic help in Israel. The booklet also includes portraits of famous Tel Avivians like Esther Rubin, widow of painter Reuven Rubin, Leah Gottlieb, Raya Jaglom and Haim Topol, all of whom she knows well.
It's a fun read and anyone wanting to buy a copy can contact Diana at P.O.B. 3382, Tel Aviv, 61033. The price is NIS 30.
Post a Comment
- life's journey – exploring relationships, resolving conflicts. a review
- real estate investment in the us: a primer
- the mendelssohns moses, abraham and felix
- the warsaw ghetto uprising
- 100 years on: teaching teachers at levinsky college of education
- the strawberry woman
- advantages of the living trust
- wherever you go - a review
- the key question
- itamar makes friends - a review