Diana Lerner- My Tel Aviv
Nobody knows Tel Aviv better than journalist Diana Lerner, still bubbling with enthusiasm and joie de vivre although well past her 80th birthday. She has lived in the city that never sleeps for fifty years, knows everything and everybody and has a wealth of stories illustrating the idiosyncrasies of her home town and its inhabitants.
She decided to bring out a souvenir journal, called "My Tel Aviv", which is a wonderful collection of mostly hilarious tales of her adventures and the people she knows.
Title chapters include 'How I was arrested in the Mikve' and 'Maid in Israel' about the trials and tribulations of having a domestic help in Israel. The booklet also includes portraits of famous Tel Avivians like Esther Rubin, widow of painter Reuven Rubin, Leah Gottlieb, Raya Jaglom and Haim Topol, all of whom she knows well.
It's a fun read and anyone wanting to buy a copy can contact Diana at P.O.B. 3382, Tel Aviv, 61033. The price is NIS 30.
Post a Comment
- life's journey – exploring relationships, resolving conflicts. a review
- nutty fruit-dining out
- checking in not out
- children without shadows
- beyond the fringe: jewish symbols and secrets - a review
- do i have to live with bad breath?
- ladies whose aim is to dispel those sad tales
- the strawberry woman
- the hare with amber eyes: a hidden inheritance - a review
- schneider children's medical center not just any hospital